1.1. These Terms apply to all drivers and passengers and all visitors to the site and any other users of the Services, including unregistered and registered users, and users accessing free and paid for services (individually each such person being a "user" and collectively, "users").
IMPORTANT NOTICE : The Company does not provide or agree to provide any taxi or other transportation services to any users nor does the use of this site by any user create any contract pursuant to which the Company agrees to provide any such services. This site facilitates bookings for taxi services to be made by introducing those persons seeking such services to those supplying taxi services. To the extent that any request for a taxi booking is made and accepted over the site or by use of the Services by any user, any contract for the provision of these taxi services shall be between the relevant driver and passenger. The Company confirms that other than by the purchase of credits by drivers, the Company receives no payment from drivers in respect of any bookings accepted either via the site or by their use of the Services.
1.4. Additional terms ("Additional Terms") may be posted on this site which relate to a particular Service that will also apply to use of such Service. The Additional Terms will be incorporated into the Terms. We may also offer certain Services that are governed by different terms. Such terms of service will be posted on the site and will govern the use of such Service.
1.5. Please click on the button marked "I Accept" at the end of these terms and conditions if you accept them. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to use our site.
2. Information About Us
The site operated by Taxizapp Limited (the "Company" or "We"). We are a limited company registered in Northern Ireland under company number NI604228 and have our registered office at Dash House, 34 Shore Road, Holywood, BT18 9HX.
3. Changes and Withdrawal
Access to the site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to change or to withdraw temporarily or permanently the Services at any time without notice. From time to time, and at our absolute discretion, we may restrict access to some parts of the site, or the entire site, to users who have registered with us. We make no representation that any particular tool or Service will be available at any particular time or have any particular feature and we will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4. Availability of Site
We endeavour to make your experience of the site enjoyable. However, we cannot always anticipate technical or other operational difficulties which may result in loss of data or other service interruptions. For this reason, you agree that the Services, including the services of our third-party service providers, are provided "as is" and "as available". Neither the Company nor our third-party service providers assume responsibility for the deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any data or communications.
5. User Accounts and Accessing the site
5.1. Users do not have to register in order to visit the site. To access certain features of the Services, though, such as connection through your mobile device and the ability to request and accept requests for taxi bookings, you will need to register with us and create either a passenger or a driver "account". Your user account gives you access to the Services and functionality that we may establish and maintain from time to time in our sole discretion.
5.2. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. You must never use another user's account or mobile device to access the services without consent. When creating a user account you must provide full and accurate information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account and you must notify us immediately on becoming aware of any breach of security or other unauthorised use of your account. We will have no liability for your loss caused by unauthorised use of your account but you agree that you will be liable to for all losses or those of others caused by such unauthorised use.
5.3. You may control your user profile and how you interact with the services by changing your settings on your account. By providing us with your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may also use your email address or mobile phone telephone number to send you other messages, including changes to features of the service and special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out or change your preferences by changing your settings. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
5.5. In order to provide high-quality services to you, our representatives may require access to your account and records as reasonably needed to investigate complaints. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
5.6. To be eligible to use the site and the Services you must meet the following criteria and represent and warrant that:
- (a) you are not currently restricted from using the Services
- (b) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- (c) You are at least 13 years old. If you are 13 or older but under the age of 18, you should review these Terms with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand these Terms;
- (d) You are not a competitor of the Company or are not using the Services for reasons that are in competition with Company;
- (e) You have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and doing so will not violate any other agreement to which you are a party;
- (f) You will not violate any of our rights, including intellectual property rights such as copyright or trademark rights; and
- (g) You agree to provide at your cost all equipment, software, and internet access necessary to use the Services.
6. Purchasing Driver Credits
6.1. Access to driver Services is only possible by advance purchase of credits (credits). A driver's user account will be credited with the number of credits dependent on the tariffs and scales operating at that time. The site will indicate clearly what these tariffs and scales are from time to time. Each credit entitles a driver to access the driver services for a continuous period of 24 hours starting from the time a driver logs into to use the Services.
6.2. Due to the digital nature of the Services available to be purchased on this site, no right of refund, cooling-off or cancellation exists once a service or credit has been purchased by a user which might otherwise arise in accordance with Regulation 13 of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
6.3. Each credit entitles the user to use any Service as many times as wished within the relevant time period subject to these Terms.
6.4. Each Service purchased may be used for personal (including immediate family) or business use by you or your business but the product may not be re- sold, re-published, re-distributed or used in part or for the benefit of any other party.
6.5. A driver may cancel his account at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation. We reserve the right at any time for any reason or no reason to suspend or terminate a driver's account, terminate this Agreement, and/or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services without notice, refund, obligation, or liability to you. In the event that we suspend or terminate a driver's account or this Agreement, each driver understands and agrees that it shall receive no refund or exchange for any unused credit for any portion of the Services, any content or data associated with a driver's account, or for anything else.
6.6. We may make changes to any products or Services offered on the site, or to the applicable prices for any such products or Services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the site with respect to products and services may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update the materials on the site with respect to such products and services.
Any material or third-party software downloaded through or for the use of the Services is done at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Services or our third-party service providers will create any warranty not expressly stated.
8. Intellectual Property and User Licence
8.1. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Software and in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
8.2. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in the Software in and on the site and all content (including all applications) located on the site shall remain vested in the Company or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Software or the site content in any way except for your own personal use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from the Software or the content displayed on the site except for your own personal use. Any other use of the Software or the content displayed on the site requires the prior written permission of the Company. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of the Software or any material on our site must always be acknowledged.
8.3. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, personal and non-transferable license to use the Services by way of use of a compiled code copy of the Software for one user account on one mobile device owned or leased solely by you, for your use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein in the Services and the Content (as defined below). We may terminate this license at any time for any reason or no reason.
8.4. To use the Software you must have a mobile device that is compatible with the Services. We do not warrant that the Services will be compatible with your mobile device.
8.5. You acknowledge that we may from time to time issue upgraded versions of the Software, and may automatically electronically upgrade the version of the Software that you are using on your mobile device. You consent to such automatic upgrading on your mobile device, and agree that the terms and conditions of this Agreement will apply to all such upgrades.
8.6. Any third-party code that may be incorporated in the Software is covered by the applicable open source or third-party license EULA, if any, authorizing use of such code.
8.7. The foregoing license grant under this Agreement is not a sale of the Software or any copy thereof and we or our third party partners or suppliers retain all right, title, and interest in the Software (and any copy thereof). Any attempt by you to transfer any of the rights, duties or obligations hereunder, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, is void. reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
8.8. The following applies to any Software you acquire from the iTunes Store ("iTunes-Sourced Software"): You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is solely between you and, not Apple, and that Apple has no responsibility for the iTunes-Sourced Software or content thereof. Your use of the iTunes-Sourced Software must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Software. In the event of any failure of the iTunes-Sourced Software to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the iTunes-Sourced Software to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the iTunes-Sourced Software, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by this Agreement and any law applicable to us as provider of the software. You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the iTunes-Sourced Software or your possession and/or use of the iTunes-Sourced Software, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the iTunes-Sourced Software fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by this Agreement and any law applicable to us as provider of the software. You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the iTunes-Sourced Software or your possession and use of that iTunes-Sourced Software infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, we, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by this Agreement. You and us acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple's subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Software, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement as relates to your license of the iTunes-Sourced Software against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
9. Copyright Infringement
9.1. If you believe that content you own has been used in the Services in a way that violates your copyright or other intellectual property rights, please provide the Company with the following information:
- a signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright or intellectual property owner or the law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorised to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
10. Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
11. Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
12. Liability and Disclaimer
12.1. As detailed in paragraph 1.2 above the provision of the Services by the Company does not create any contract under which the Company agrees to supply or to request any taxi service itself, as such the Company shall (subject to paragraph 12.3 below) have no liability to
12.1.1. Passengers in respect of the following matters:
22.214.171.124. the failure by any driver to provide the taxi services requested by that passenger and agreed to be provided by that driver or the late collection of any passenger by a driver or late provision of any taxi service agreed to be provided by any driver;
126.96.36.199. if a driver is driving a vehicle other than the vehicle which the driver represents it uses or will use for the taxi service to be provided to the passenger or if the vehicle is not of a acceptable or satisfactory standard in the opinion of the passenger;
188.8.131.52. any failure on the part of any driver to be adequately insured, taxed or licensed in accordance with any applicable laws or regulations in respect of the provision of taxi services by him;
184.108.40.206. Any dispute with a driver regarding the fare in respect of ay taxi service provided or not provided by the driver;
220.127.116.11. Any refusal by a driver to provide a taxi service to a passenger at the point of collection of that passenger; and
12.1.2. Drivers in respect of the following matters:
18.104.22.168. the failure of any passenger to present themselves for collection by the driver at the agreed pick up location or at the time agreed;
22.214.171.124. any damage caused by any passenger to the driver's taxi or injury caused by reason of the actions of the passenger generally; and
126.96.36.199. failure by the passenger to pay the driver any fare or other charge.
12.2. The Services are provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
12.2.1. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
12.2.2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or the Services or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site or the Services, any websites linked to our site and any materials posted on it, including:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. In addition you agree that if, for any reason, the Company is liable for any damage, other than those for death or personal injury, the total liability of the Company shall be limited to the value of the Services purchased from us plus an additional £100.
12.3. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
14. Uploading Material to Our Site
14.1. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site is owned by you and you may request its deletion at any time unless you have shared information with others and they have not deleted it or it was copied or stored by other users.
14.2. You grant us a non-exclusive irrevocable worldwide perpetual unlimited assignable sub-licensable fully paid up royalty free licence to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
14.3. By uploading any material or content (the "Content") to the site you grant us a non-exclusive irrevocable worldwide perpetual unlimited assignable sub-licensable fully paid up royalty free licence to distribute the Content on the site. Under the licence granted by this clause we shall be permitted to:
- (a) modify, electronically reproduce and distribute, and publicly perform and display the Content on the site;
- (b) reproduce and distribute through any media now known, or hereafter developed, excerpts of the Content in advertisements for, and in marketing and promotional materials related to, the site; and
- (c) make available original content contained on the site that is based on the Content, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatisation, fictionalisation, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgement, condensation or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed or adapted (the "Derivative Works"), reproduce, publicly perform and display and distribute such Derivative Works in conjunction with the Content through the site, including in any media now known or hereafter developed.
14.4. During the term of this licence, you agree that you shall not:
- (a) grant distribution or publication rights to any of the Content to any competitor of the Company including through a direct data feed, co-branding or premium placement arrangement; or
- (b) advertise or promote the Content on or in connection with any competitor of the Company; or
- (c) license any and all trade marks, trade names, service marks, trade dress, logos, URLs or identifying slogans, whether or not registered for use on the website of any competitor of the Customer.
14.5. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site.
14.6. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
15. Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
15.1. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
15.2. By breaching Clause 15.1, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
15.3. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
16. Linking to our Site
16.1. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
16.2. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
16.3. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
16.4. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Links from our Site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
18. Beta Version
From time to time we may conduct open beta tests (betas) of existing or new features or versions of the services (beta service). If you choose to register for a beta your use of that beta is subject to the terms of this section. You acknowledge that the design and contents of the beta service could change through the course of the beta and that we reserve the right at our sole discretion to change or withdraw the beta service, discontinue the beta or release the beta as a final version at any time. You agree to record and report back all problems, issues, ideas and feedback and suggestions for enhancements to the beta service to us on a timely basis to the email address which will be provided to you along with the beta testing materials, and during the beta period, you will not speak to the press (including the internet press e.g. blogs) regarding the beta or the beta service without our prior written consent. You hereby assign all right title and interest in and to any such feedback to us and/or our affiliates, as applicable, and acknowledge that we and our affiliates have the unrestricted right to use and exploit such feedback in any manner with or without attribution, and without compensation or any duty to account to you for any such use.
19. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
We may alter the Terms at any time and the changes will become effective 14 days after posting the revised Terms on the site (the "Effective Date"). Some of the provisions contained in the Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site. You should check the site periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services after the Effective Date indicates your acceptance of the new Terms.
21. YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com. Thank you for visiting our Site.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Taxizapp Limited ("We" or "Company") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Company.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.taxizapp.com] (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting or purchasing further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- For you to be able to make use of the Services effectively, the location of each driver and passenger must be capable of being identified and that user's movements tracked by way of GPS technology through the mobile device which the user uses to access the Services and on which the Software has been downloaded. By necessity a user's location will be disclosed to other users and by agreeing to these terms you expressly consent to our collection, disclosure and use of such GPS location information about you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Taxizapp Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.